Sunday 1 March 2015

Soundscape Submission Post.

The following is my submission for the Soundscape Project. I have included the 3 30 second tracks, the original and edited SFX, the sonic concept, creative partnership archive and my sound designer profile.

 The videos run longer than 30 secs due to titles and credits.

Image 1 - Into the Unknown



Image 2 - Through the Sky


Image 3 - The Little Urchin





 Original SFX




Edited SFX




Sonic Concepts




Sound Designer:

My chosen sound designer is Jordan Wilby. I couldn't find a full profile of my chose artist but I wanted to choose someone who played a part in creating the sound for a group of my favorite TV shows so I choose Jordan Wilby.
He is the Current Lead SFX + Sound Design on CW's Vampire Diaries and The Following on Fox. Seven years of Sound Design and SFX experience on a wide variety of shows, features and games also including American Horror Story, Hawaii 5-0, Dexter, True Blood, Family Guy, Castle and many more. He was nominated for the 2012 MPSE Golden Reel SFX for Rizzoli and Isles Ep. 211 “Can I Get a Witness”. 

There isn't much else on him unfortunately because he isn't as famous as other designers. 








Creative Partnership Archive.
1. Mailin Berg14 January 2015 at 13:03
I like your ideas, but I think you can push them further. For example, in the first picture there are two different shapes/things - which one has what sound and how does it sound when they bump together - do they collide and crash, or fuse into each other, or do the big ones absorb the little ones? 
The second picture reminds me a bit of Kandinsky who always tried to draw sound and I think he would have liked that one! I also think that maybe the different colours could have different sounds, as they are primal colours they would have distinctively different sounds - I imagine.
In the third one, I see more fluffiness and bounce than explosions, but that might just be my point of view.
I'm looking forward to seeing more ideas!

2. ''Can't really figure out what this would sound like at the moment only have a water sound as the sea as it looks like an urchin to me any ideas?
Like · 

No comments:

Post a Comment